Six months ago, we tried a new game that didn’t go over very well because it was just too hard. So, we’ll try an easier version of the game today.
Grab a well-known speculative fiction book off the shelf (something you think that many of us will be familiar with), choose a passage and give us 50 words from that passage. Other readers will try to guess your book while you try to guess theirs.
Here are the rules:
- Submit as many passages as you like — just put them in separate comments.
- When you guess someone’s book, reply directly to that comment so we keep the threads neatly organized.
- Please keep your 50 words family-friendly and free of major spoilers or obvious clues such as well-known character names.
- When you guess books, you may not use any resources outside of your own brain. No Google, no Amazon, no looking in the books on your shelves, etc. Where’s the fun in that?
- Don’t spoil the fun by naming all the books. Let us know you recognize it and make a comment about how well you like it, but let others figure some out, too. Feel free to guess as much as you like, though.
- Come back to let us know if your book was guessed correctly. If it’s been over a week, please tell us the answer.
As always, one random commenter will win a book from our stacks. You don’t have to guess anything correctly to win the book — all you have to do is play the game. Good luck!