Welcome to World Wide Wednesday. Last week was a pretty good week. Not much happened in fantasy news, but I did buy a last-minute cruise to the Bahamas… muwahaha! I leave in two weeks. Old Man Winter can kiss my ass for at least 6 days. I plan on getting an international calling plan just so I can call friends and family from the beach and let them listen to warm summer-like noises. So there won’t be any WWW for a couple weeks as I work overtime next week and then actually take my vacation the week after. Do not despair I’m sure we will come up with some sort of content to distract you with. Maybe we can bring in the Dancing Baby? In the coming weeks, if you find something interesting you think everyone should read, drop me a line via the contact form and let me know, or just post it below. Let’s get started:
1) The best Super Bowl commercial: Darth Vader kid VW commercial. I’m sure most of you have seen it, but it’s worth watching again.
2) Submit poetry to Oprah, forfeit your soul: Holy cow, these copyright agreements HarPo is making writers sign is insane. You’d be absolutely crazy to agree to these kind of terms.
3) A little article about some things to think about when self-publishing: Self-publishing is a common theme you will see in my WWW posts. I think 99% of all self-publishing is a scam at most, and damaging to your potential writing career at least. Very rarely will self-publishing actually work to your favor, and that is usually when an already successful author publishes something they couldn’t sell otherwise.
4) Game of Thrones Graphic Novel: The multi-media onslaught is in full swing with Martin’s epic series. This addition should prove interesting.
5) The Death of a legend: Brian Jacques died a few days ago. It has been announced at Brian Jacques’ website.
6) The next Dresden Files gets delayed: I’m a little late with this story, but the book would’ve been released in a just a couple of weeks.
That wraps it up for this week. Thank you for joining me. Feel free to post your own relevant news links in the comments below, or submit them to me for next week via the contact form. And don’t forget to enter our most recent giveaways!