WWW: February 8, 2012

In the coming weeks, if you find something interesting you think everyone should read, drop me a line via the contact form and let me know, or just post it below. Let’s get started:

fantasy book reviews science fiction book reviews

1) Stefan Raets starts a new blog: Our very own Stefan Raets is retiring from FanLit so he can focus on his new blog, Far Beyond Reality and his frequent writing assignments for Tor.com. We’ll miss Stefan, but we’ll still occasionally post some of his reviews here after they’ve been up for a while at FBR. Stefan says, “I’ve very much enjoyed these last two and a half years. Fantasy Literature is an amazing site and a tremendous resource for fans of the genre. I learned a lot, I had a lot of fun, and I’m truly grateful that I had the opportunity to be part of the FanLit team. You’ll still see some of my work here at FanLit in the future, but for now please visit me at Far Beyond Reality!”

2) A Synopsis of Joe Abercrombie’s Upcoming Release: Neth over at Neth Space has spotted some enticing details about Red Country. I sincerely cannot wait for this book.

3) Gene Wolfe to Receive Chicago Literary Hall of Fame: Gene Wolfe’s books account for at least 74% of the used book market in the SFF genres. Andre Norton is the other 26%. No other authors have used books.

4) Samuel Youd aka John Christopher 1922-2012: Another legend shuffles off this mortal coil.

5) Unsettling Undead Art: The squeamish need not apply.

6) Win a Mega Gamer Package from Tor!: PFH has a great contest going on for video game inspired books from Tor. Not sure how long this lasts, but it’s a nice giveaway.

7) ‘Lord of the Rings’ Fan Creates a Middle Earth Family Tree: Once again I find myself speechless at how awesome some fans can be.


SHARE:  Facebooktwitterredditpinteresttumblrmail  FOLLOW:  Facebooktwitterrsstumblr

JUSTIN BLAZIER (on FanLit's staff September 2009 – September 2012) Like many fantasy enthusiasts, Justin cut his teeth on Tolkien. Due to lack of space, his small public library would often give him their donated SFF books. Justin lives in a small home near the river with his wife, their baby daughter, and Norman, a mildly smelly dog. He doesn't have much time for reviewing anymore, but he still shows up here occasionally to let us know how he feels about stuff.

View all posts by

3 comments

  1. I just finished Grave Witch by Price–I think you may have reviewed it already. Very good read and I’m greatly looking forward to the next one.

  2. I’ve been as giddy as a 13 year-old girl at a Justin Biber concert ever since I read on Mr. Abercrombie’s blog about his next book several months ago. He had a stack of Western movies and books as his research material!!! OMG, I feel faint.

  3. Tanmoy /

    thanks for this blog.

    good news…………..

Review this book and/or Leave a comment:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *