Some interesting articles today. Ranging in topics from sex slaves to bumbling wizards. Quite a bit linked down the Chum this week, so be sure to check it out too. In the coming weeks, if you find something interesting you think everyone should read, drop me a line via the contact form and let me know, or just post it below. Let’s get started:
1) Pictures from the set of The Hobbit: Aidan Moher has dug up a couple of stills from the new movie set. Looks awesome.
2) Google Books settlement rejected: Depending on which side you are on this is either the best or worst news to hit you all week.
3) Discworld TV show?: Looks to be true. Terry Jones is the only person on the planet qualified to do it too.
4) Interview with John Norman creator of Gor: Kat‘s favorite author (Ha!) and the object of many a debate about gender in fantasy. The interview contains gems like this, “Women are wonderful, and precious. It is a delight to own one.” Mr. Norman is the real deal folks… wow.
5) Dune is dead: Paramount pulls the plug on a new Dune movie.
In this section I’ll post bits and pieces of news from various fantasy authors:
- Kevin J. Anderson: A look inside the release of a major science fiction novel
- Patricia Briggs: The guilt-free fantasy of Patricia Briggs
- Elizabeth Bear: Interview over at Suvudu
- John Scalzi: Where Are the Female Directors and Writers in Science-Fiction Film?