We’re sad to announce the death of Kage Baker who died of cancer this morning. Ms. Baker is a favorite at FanLit (read some of our reviews of her fantasy and science fiction novels here).
Here’s the the SFWA obituary.
Kage Baker 1952-2010
Great SFF Deals!
- Comment on Sunday Status Update: May 19, 2013 by Kelly LasiterI remember a couple of books that I read at, oh, 11 and then again at 16 and was surprised to find, on the second reading, there was sex in them. […]Kelly Lasiter
- Comment on Sunday Status Update: May 19, 2013 by Marion DeedsI'm looking forward to it, Kelly. She is friendly in person and very funny in person, as when she said, to point out that children "self-censor" when they read, that when she saw Bambi, "Spoilers, everyone... I didn't realize Bambi's mother died. I thought they got divorced and it was his turn to spend time with his dad." […]Marion Deeds
- Comment on Thistle & Thorne: A bleak post-apocalyptic novella on audio by Suvudu Likes: 5/18/13 | Del Rey and Spectra - Science Fiction and Fantasy Books, Graphic Novels, and More[...] Review: Thistle and Thorne by Ann Aguirre, read by Fantasy Literature […]Suvudu Likes: 5/18/13 | Del Rey and Spectra - Science Fiction and Fantasy Books, Graphic Novels, and More
- Comment on Sunday Status Update: May 19, 2013 by Kelly LasiterVessel was really good, Marion. It's one of the few books in recent years that has made me really think, "that's original!" […]Kelly Lasiter
- Comment on Thoughtful Thursday: Identify last month’s covers by Michelle Miller#8 The Book of Lost Souls, Volume 1 by J. Michael Straczynski (writer) and Colleen Doran (artist) […]Michelle Miller
- Comment on Fanboy Friday! Hellblazer: All His Engines by Brad HawleyThank you for the kind comment, Lexa! I've got shelves and shelves of books I can't wait to review for our site, but I'll be making sure I return to Constantine to make some more recommendations. He's such a great character. One bit of history I think I failed to mention: Visually, he's based on the early Police-era Sting, back when […]Brad Hawley
- So You Want to be a Wizard: First book in an impressive series: So You Want to be a Wizard by Diane Duane
So You Want to be a Wizardcame along well before the current trend of young fantasy so one shouldn't dismiss it as "yet another Harry Potter follower." Wiz...
The Knife of Never Letting Go: Get the whole series: The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
The Knife of Never Letting Go is the first book in the CHAOS WALKING trilogy by Patrick Ness. The series is set on a world colonized some time ago by s...
A Wrinkle In Time: First SF novel for children: A Wrinkle In Time by Madeleine L'Engle
First published in 1962, Madeleine L'Engle's classic book (along with its subsequent sequels) remains one of the greats of children's literature, and it is a ...
Donate, get a book
If you'd like to donate $7 to help us defray costs, we'll send you a book from our stacks and a few FanLit bookmarks. Make sure to include your address with your donation and the name of the book you want in the comment area at PayPal. (US addresses only unless you'll pay the extra postage.) Thank you for your help!
Special 99c Kindle Sale:
(and get the next two books for only $1.99 each.)