Let’s try a new game today! (I’m calling this game “Guess what we’re reading” but if you can think of something slightly more inspired, please suggest it.)
Grab the book you’re currently reading, open to the spot where you left off (or turn on your audio player if it’s an audiobook) and, as a comment below, give us the next 50 words. Other readers will try to guess your book while you try to guess theirs.
Here are the rules:
- If you’re reading more than one book, submit as many as you like — just put them in separate comments.
- When you guess someone’s book, reply directly to that comment so we keep the threads neatly organized.
- Please keep your 50 words family-friendly. If you happen to be lingering over a particularly steamy or gory scene, turn the page. If there are any other issues with your 50 words (e.g., major spoiler) do likewise.
- When you guess books, you may not use any resources outside of your own brain. No Google, no Amazon, no looking in the books on your shelves, etc. Where’s the fun in that?
- Don’t spoil the fun by naming all the books. Let us know you recognize it and make a comment about how well you like it, but let others figure some out, too. Feel free to guess as much as you like, though.
- Come back to let us know if your book was guessed correctly. If it’s been over a week, please tell us the answer.
As always, one random commenter will win a book from our stacks. You don’t have to guess anything correctly to win the book — all you have to do is play the game.